Friday, December 30, 2011

Mom + Dad = Great Team!

Last night we had another night were Ellery was up all night. Not up crying or even fussing a little bit. Just awake and aware of everything around her. Starting at midnight she just didn't feel like sleeping anymore. I tried feeding her and then burping her (which always seems to put her asleep...NOPE!) Chad tried having her lay on his chest (which usually works...NOPE) I tried the swing. She would swing back and forth but instead of falling asleep she would just lay there wide eyed like it was a ride she was on. I felt bad because if Chad doesn't get any sleep at night, he seems to get really sick all the next day (especially because he still hasn't figured out how to nap yet). So I let him go to bed and stayed up with her. Thinking it would only be for an hour no big deal right? Well 5:30am comes around and her eyes are finally getting heavy. The only vad thing is the fact that I have seen every infomercial now 10 times and have yet to understand the point of the "robo mixer", "pajama jeans" and "the music bullet".  Although I'm sure one of these nights something is going to catch my eye and I'll be ordering some dumb "as seen on tv product".

Well needless to say, this morning when it was time to pump and feed I was EXHAUSTED! I couldn't stay in bed all day though because the public health nurse was stopping by this morning, and by the time she left that afternoon I was no longer able to fall back asleep. But right after dinner time the exhaustion hit me yet again. Chad was amazing and volunteered to watch the baby, keep her awake (so she would sleep tonight) and just give me time to catch up on the sleep I missed last night. WHAT A GREAT NAP IT WAS!

I don't know how single moms do it honestly. The teamwork Chad and I do together to make sure Ellery is getting everything she needs and making sure that we are both still getting everything we need to stay sane and healthy is amazing. If I didn't have his help I feel like a burnout would be in my future: so I am very grateful for him and all the help he is providing. I already am wondering what I am going to do when he has to go back to work at the end of January and I will be home alone for 2 weeks before I go back to work....

No comments:

Post a Comment