Monday, December 26, 2011

Nap Time For All

"Nap when she naps!" That was probably the biggest advice I have been given by the hospital nurses, our friends, and just random people. Because a baby has such a short sleep schedule to feedings, changing and just basic fussing, I plan on losing lots of sleep in the next couple weeks. It's just hard to nap at all because #1 I am constantly worried about her and am checking on her to see if she is breathing. #2 There are so many other things I could be doing when she is sleeping: pumping, cleaning, updating facebook or blogger ;), the jobs are never ending. Today though, while watching a movie, she fell asleep on top of me and some how I fell asleep too. What a great feeling to get a nap but even better to wake up to her on my chest. AMAZING!! I think I may try this napping while she is napping thing more often . Chad on the other hand has never been a nap taker (not even in college). He just has too hard of a time to fall asleep in general, let alone for only an hour or two. So we need to start having "family nap times" where we don't worry about cleaning or anything else. We just shut all the blinds, turn the lights off, and cuddle up to get our rest.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats and your baby girl! I read your pregnancy blog because I just had my daughter on December 12th. I'm just now feeling comfortable about sleeping when she does because I would worry about her breathing too! Hopefully we'll both get better about napping :)

    ReplyDelete