Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Up All Night

I knew it was too good to be true! Chad and I have been telling everyone how AMAZING of a baby Elle is. She literally didn't cry one time yesterday: not when it was time to get dressed in the morning, not during any of her diaper changes, and not a single tear during bath time. I know all babies cry and fuss, and we kept saying we knew it was eventually going to happen. No baby is this easy....well she broke tonight. We went to bed at around 10:30pm-ish and I fell asleep instantly. Chad cuddled with Ellery for a bit and then went to put her to bed. She tossed and turned and for the first time cried...and I mean cried! The problem was she wanted her nook but it continually falls out of her mouth and then she cries. So we would try to hold it in for her until she fell asleep but then again eventually it would fall out and she would cry. Since Chad has a really hard time napping during the day (and I don't) I offered to take the overnight duty. So I cracked open a pop to help me stay awake and I was on a mission to get her to fall asleep! I tried tons of things to get her mind off of it: I fed her, burped her, changed her, tried to put her in her swing, walked around the house carrying her, and even tried talking to her. All were only temporary fixes...more crying always followed as soon as I attempted to put her to bed. So it is now 4:30am and I am currently typing this blog entry with her finally asleep (and snoring) in my arms. Honestly I am afraid to move because I don't want to wake her. My boobs are engorged and hurt because they need to be emptied, but again I don't want to move to pump them because I know it will wake her.

She still is an amazing baby and I love her to pieces, but tonight was the first time I feel like a real parent. Someone who may need to sacrifice something (sleep in my case) to make sure their child is happy. The goal for today is to #1 take a nap once Chad gets up and #2 keep Ellery up, awake and alert during the day time (minimal naps today).

2 comments:

  1. I was telling my hubby that they need to make a sport strap for nooks because new babyies can't keep them in their mouths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrsts on the little one! We found that Disney music on Pandora works wonders with our son. It calms him and it at times put him to sleep. I understand your pain though. It's sooo hard to move a sleeping, peaceful baby <3

    ReplyDelete