Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Got Milk?


My boobs are bionic. Seriously no one in the world must produce more milk than I do...it's crazy the amount I am getting. I have been pumping about every 4-5 hours now (every 3 hours was just getting to be too much and I know when I go back to work it is unrealistic to think I'll be able to pump that often). I usually get up only 1 time during the night to pump, and then pump again when I wake up and then a few times throughout the day and again once before bed. Last night, when I woke up for my middle of the night pump, I was able to pump 20 ounces between the two of them! If you don't know... that is a crazy amount. Then 5 hours later I got 12.5 ounces and then about 4 hours later I got 15 ounces. An average day Ellery is eating about 16-20 ounces of milk so all the rest is going in the freezer to save for when she needs to go to daycare. Well it sure is a great thing that we got another freezer because our little one is already filling up. Chad counted today and we have over 240 ounces already saved up... so like I said my boobs are bionic...Either that or I am part cow! Either way, the breast milk is great and healthy for Ellery, saving us tons of money and helping me burn tons of calories.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, what are you eating so I can get that? Seriously, I was just sooooo excited to pump 4 oz. [2 out of each] and that's THE most. We went to Whole Foods and bought some Coconut Milk and some Mother's Tea. Hopefully that boosts. I know my baby is eating because he feeds for almost an hour or more on one boob [I pump out the other; usually an ounce to an ounce and a half]. I am just praying I don't need to use formula.

    ReplyDelete